travelmemoirsofswaati text

I am an intrepid traveller. Travelling has been my passion since school days. Hailing from the steel city of Rourkela in Odisha, I always had an opportunity to plan out my holidays with my family to exotic destinations that are rich in history and heritage in India. Looking back, I have also taken up trekking in Chauragarh hills of Pachmarhi, Shatrunjaya Hills of Palitana, Vaishno Devi or the Muktinath temple in Mustang Valley in Nepal and Lalang Waterfall in rainforests of Tioman Island in Malaysia. I have penned down the Odisha destinations in Pick2Move-India Travel planner brought out by Sampan Media Limited, New Delhi. I have compiled a travelogue themed- “Journeys across India” published by Best Books, Kolkata. I generally take up travel to pen down travelogues, know the art and craft of the faraway lands and of course, I do travel reporting for leading English dailies of India.

ads by adsfor247

ads by adsfor247

Saturday 2 November 2019

Zende


Variety is the spice of life


I had a one-night stay at the luxury Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur sometime in April, this year. The all-day dining food outlet of the property- Zende derived from Arabic word implies happiness and serves great Continental and Oriental delights. The 200-seater restaurant was set up in 2011 and provides a plethora of choices in Malaysian, Western and Indian cuisine.  



Entrance of Zende




  
Open space at the outlet

 

 An illuminated outlet



The dining outlet rests on the 3rd floor at the lobby level and is done up in Arabic style with flora and paintings. There is a lot of open space and mostly, it is lined with a steady stream of guests. There are three live stations including egg station, porridge station and noodle station. Nearly 60 per cent of the dishes served are Malaysian food. The outlet serves around 15 vegetarian dishes and 30 non-vegetarian platters. Prawn curry and Nyona curry or noodle soup are highly popular among foodies.


I had my pick of Brown Hash Potato, Vegetarian Samosa, Vadai, Upma and Paratha relished with Potato Masala and Brinjal. The outlet is open from 6.30 AM to 11 PM Sunday brunch is on from 12.30 PM to 4 P. Diners have pay RM 75 for a single person and the charges are affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment