travelmemoirsofswaati text

I am an intrepid traveller. Travelling has been my passion since school days. Hailing from the steel city of Rourkela in Odisha, I always had an opportunity to plan out my holidays with my family to exotic destinations that are rich in history and heritage in India. Looking back, I have also taken up trekking in Chauragarh hills of Pachmarhi, Shatrunjaya Hills of Palitana, Vaishno Devi or the Muktinath temple in Mustang Valley in Nepal and Lalang Waterfall in rainforests of Tioman Island in Malaysia. I have penned down the Odisha destinations in Pick2Move-India Travel planner brought out by Sampan Media Limited, New Delhi. I have compiled a travelogue themed- “Journeys across India” published by Best Books, Kolkata. I generally take up travel to pen down travelogues, know the art and craft of the faraway lands and of course, I do travel reporting for leading English dailies of India.

ads by adsfor247

ads by adsfor247

Wednesday 6 November 2019

The Westin Langkawi Beach Resort & Spa

Pride of Langkawi

Here’s one luxury property in the island getaway of Langkawi that beckons me and it is none other than The Westin Langkawi Beach Resort and Spa. I have dropped in at the sprawling property twice that provides wonderful glimpses of the rolling hills on the Andaman Sea. The property took shape sometime in 2007 and has a lot to entice luxury travellers. Located at a stone’s throw distance from Eagle Square and from Kuah Jetty Terminal, the property has an unspoilt beach. 



 A view of Andaman Sea from the hotel





 Scenic view of Andaman Sea


One has to take a short trip to view the entire property. There are beach facing rooms, garden rooms, deluxe suites and spacious villas.




 A typical luxury villa


  
  A luxury suite

 

A well-furnished suite 

 I had lunched at Seasonal Tastes – the all-day dining outlet of the property. The offerings at the food outlet would make gourmet lovers drool. 




Lunch spread at Seasonal Tastes


I was offered Avocado grilled water melon with lime honey. There was the starter- Vegetable Tom Yam soup served in Westin branded coconut. The other recipes were Buttered asparagus spears, confit tomato fettucine and candid carrots spice shallot juice. The dessert was a delectable one- fresh mango, Gula Melaka ice cream, coconut bavaroise and pearl sago.

Before winding up, I had a look at the Langkawi International Convention Centre (LICC) that opened in 2015 and boasts of three ball rooms. LICC is a perfect venue for MICE travellers to host meets and conventions.    


Langkawi International Convention Centre




 Ball Room at LICC







Address: The Westin Langkawi Beach Resort & Spa,
    Jalan Pantai, Jalan Dato Syed Omar,             
                    Kedah, 07000 Langkawi, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment