travelmemoirsofswaati text

I am an intrepid traveller. Travelling has been my passion since school days. Hailing from the steel city of Rourkela in Odisha, I always had an opportunity to plan out my holidays with my family to exotic destinations that are rich in history and heritage in India. Looking back, I have also taken up trekking in Chauragarh hills of Pachmarhi, Shatrunjaya Hills of Palitana, Vaishno Devi or the Muktinath temple in Mustang Valley in Nepal and Lalang Waterfall in rainforests of Tioman Island in Malaysia. I have penned down the Odisha destinations in Pick2Move-India Travel planner brought out by Sampan Media Limited, New Delhi. I have compiled a travelogue themed- “Journeys across India” published by Best Books, Kolkata. I generally take up travel to pen down travelogues, know the art and craft of the faraway lands and of course, I do travel reporting for leading English dailies of India.

ads by adsfor247

ads by adsfor247

Sunday 2 July 2017

Langkawi Lagoon Resort



Dream holiday at Langkawi Lagoon Resort


For those travel junkies yearning for a memorable stay in any beach resort of Malaysia, there cannot be any better option than heading to Langkawi. I had a chance to head to Langkawi during my brief sojourn to Malaysia and halt for a couple of days at Langkawi Lagoon Resort.  For those high on luxury quotient, the best option would be to stay at this luxury beach resort that unfolds the spectacular beauty of sea, sun and sand on Andaman Sea in the midst of tranquillity. 





An outer facade of Langkawi Lagoon Resort




Around 3km from Langkawi International Airport, the four-star luxury property has two kinds of accommodation facilities- beach front suites and sea village. I had put up at sea village where there are spacious rooms with private balcony, flat screen television with satellite channels and kitchen with microwaves and refrigerators. 




 The impressive villas

 

 
The units in sea village are erected on stilts with typical Malay architecture and complete room amenities. These units are built in the premises of calm water and are protected from the open sea by break water.  There are free wi-fi facilities and one can soak in the serene ambience of the beach with the cool waves lashing the shore. The villas provide impressive views of rolling hills. 



The stilt-supported villas at the resort


No comments:

Post a Comment