travelmemoirsofswaati text

I am an intrepid traveller. Travelling has been my passion since school days. Hailing from the steel city of Rourkela in Odisha, I always had an opportunity to plan out my holidays with my family to exotic destinations that are rich in history and heritage in India. Looking back, I have also taken up trekking in Chauragarh hills of Pachmarhi, Shatrunjaya Hills of Palitana, Vaishno Devi or the Muktinath temple in Mustang Valley in Nepal and Lalang Waterfall in rainforests of Tioman Island in Malaysia. I have penned down the Odisha destinations in Pick2Move-India Travel planner brought out by Sampan Media Limited, New Delhi. I have compiled a travelogue themed- “Journeys across India” published by Best Books, Kolkata. I generally take up travel to pen down travelogues, know the art and craft of the faraway lands and of course, I do travel reporting for leading English dailies of India.

ads by adsfor247

ads by adsfor247

Saturday 24 June 2017

Shangrila’s Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa


Immerse into the world of luxury and nature


Around four years ago, when I had headed to Penang, I was in luck to have an experience of a luxury stay at a five-star beach resort popularly known as Shangrila’s Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa. Nestling on Batu Ferringhi Beach on Jalan Batu Ferringhi, Rasa Sayang in Bahasa connotes the feelings of love. After landing at Penang International Airport from Kuala Lumpur, I headed to Batu Ferringhi Island. I was completely awestruck by the sheer magnitude of the well-known resort and the kind of luxury accommodation that was on offer.


An outer facade of Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa


The picture-postcard Batu Ferringhi Island in Penang is only 45 km drive from Penang International Airport. The picture of white sand and blue azure waters of the sea meeting the eye from the spacious hotel room will make the travellers sink into the world of luxury that remains etched in the mind forever.


A scenic view of
the sea from the hotel room

I halted for a couple of days in the beach resort that provides some unforgettable views of the beach on the Straits of Malacca. The hotel rests in a secluded paradise surrounded by a canopy of trees and one can enjoy fascinating views of the sea from the room. 


Hotel rooms exuding luxurious ambience


Well-equipped with more than 150 rooms, Rasa Sayang serves a fusion of contemporary and authentic  Malaysian art and its swanky fine-dining restaurant serves a whip of Malaysian delicacies and not to mention the South Indian delights served on request.  

Another advantage of halting in the hotel is shopping at Batu Ferringhi night market that is at a stone throw distance from the hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment