travelmemoirsofswaati text

I am an intrepid traveller. Travelling has been my passion since school days. Hailing from the steel city of Rourkela in Odisha, I always had an opportunity to plan out my holidays with my family to exotic destinations that are rich in history and heritage in India. Looking back, I have also taken up trekking in Chauragarh hills of Pachmarhi, Shatrunjaya Hills of Palitana, Vaishno Devi or the Muktinath temple in Mustang Valley in Nepal and Lalang Waterfall in rainforests of Tioman Island in Malaysia. I have penned down the Odisha destinations in Pick2Move-India Travel planner brought out by Sampan Media Limited, New Delhi. I have compiled a travelogue themed- “Journeys across India” published by Best Books, Kolkata. I generally take up travel to pen down travelogues, know the art and craft of the faraway lands and of course, I do travel reporting for leading English dailies of India.

ads by adsfor247

ads by adsfor247

Sunday 4 June 2017

Thai sojourn to Nakhon Pathom



Rose Garden Riverside Hotel

For luxury tourists who would want to savour the delight of Thai cuisine in an eco-tourist destination in the vicinity of Bangkok, hold your breathe. There is Nakhon Pathom in Central Thailand around 35 km west of Bangkok.. During my first visit to Bangkok, I did not want to miss the experience of travelling in the countryside of Central Thailand around Bangkok and get first-hand info on rural Thai life in the midst of verdant greenery.



 Suites at Rose Garden Riverside Hotel






Restaurant at Rose Garden Riverside


One fine morning, we had set out from Bangkok to Nakhon Pathom. When we reached the destination, we headed to Rose Garden Riverside Hotel sprawling over 70 acres of land area on the banks of Ta Chine river. The four-star property is undoubtedly one of the best eco-tourist destinations around Bangkok with landscaped garden, golfing, entertainment and botanical park. One can get to view the rural Thai life on the river banks. Moreover, the century-old property is made of Thai teakwood and done up with 160 suites. The restaurant of the hotel is replete with great Thai food that we did not miss out. The hotel serves as a centre for Thai art and craft that serve as gift items..      
  
Landscaped garden at Rose Garden Riverside


No comments:

Post a Comment