travelmemoirsofswaati text

I am an intrepid traveller. Travelling has been my passion since school days. Hailing from the steel city of Rourkela in Odisha, I always had an opportunity to plan out my holidays with my family to exotic destinations that are rich in history and heritage in India. Looking back, I have also taken up trekking in Chauragarh hills of Pachmarhi, Shatrunjaya Hills of Palitana, Vaishno Devi or the Muktinath temple in Mustang Valley in Nepal and Lalang Waterfall in rainforests of Tioman Island in Malaysia. I have penned down the Odisha destinations in Pick2Move-India Travel planner brought out by Sampan Media Limited, New Delhi. I have compiled a travelogue themed- “Journeys across India” published by Best Books, Kolkata. I generally take up travel to pen down travelogues, know the art and craft of the faraway lands and of course, I do travel reporting for leading English dailies of India.

ads by adsfor247

ads by adsfor247

Monday 4 July 2016

Wonderful Indonesia: Bali’s eternal favourite



Wonderful Indonesia: Bali’s eternal favourite

It was my first visit to the beach paradise of Bali and a short 20-minute drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport made me arrive at Mercure Hotels Bali Legian, a four-star haunt on Jalan Legian in Kelod Legian area in Denpasar’s Badung Regency. 



Mercure Hotels Bali Legian



The hotel prides in its vantage location and is at a 10-minute walking distance from the famed Legian beach, the second most popular beach that forms a centre of attraction for a steady stream of global tourists. A special feature of this beach is its traditionally-designed gateway. Sunset at Legian beach provides fabulous views of the sun setting gradually in the horizon in the twilight hours. I took it as a challenge to walk solo from my hotel in the evening hours to view sunset at Legian beach and the entire street is lined up with numerous restaurants, bars and shopping malls leading to the beach.




Legian Beach



Coming back to Mercure Hotels, there are best-of-facilities on offer for its valued customers. What’s more, we had our late lunch at Ancak restaurant, the signature creation of the hotel that serves authentic Indonesian delights. We had gala buffet breakfast at this restaurant during our short stay in Bali with a plethora of options ranging from Continental delights to Chinese and Indonesian to Thai.   It is at this restaurant that we had our welcome and farewell dinner with delightful Thai and Indonesian platter. We polished off our dinner with a luscious serving of banana dessert.




Swimming pool at Mercure Hotels Bali Legian




 Veggie delights at Ancak Restaurant







No comments:

Post a Comment