travelmemoirsofswaati text

I am an intrepid traveller. Travelling has been my passion since school days. Hailing from the steel city of Rourkela in Odisha, I always had an opportunity to plan out my holidays with my family to exotic destinations that are rich in history and heritage in India. Looking back, I have also taken up trekking in Chauragarh hills of Pachmarhi, Shatrunjaya Hills of Palitana, Vaishno Devi or the Muktinath temple in Mustang Valley in Nepal and Lalang Waterfall in rainforests of Tioman Island in Malaysia. I have penned down the Odisha destinations in Pick2Move-India Travel planner brought out by Sampan Media Limited, New Delhi. I have compiled a travelogue themed- “Journeys across India” published by Best Books, Kolkata. I generally take up travel to pen down travelogues, know the art and craft of the faraway lands and of course, I do travel reporting for leading English dailies of India.

ads by adsfor247

ads by adsfor247

Sunday 31 December 2017

Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata



Yuletide dining at Pride Plaza Hotel

No Christmas is complete without luxury dining. In an attempt to soak in the yuletide spirit, this time, I headed to Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata to have an experience of dining in style during the Yuletide season.  Conveniently located in the business hub of New Town, Rajarhat, Pride Plaza Hotel is a 28-minute drive from Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport and is ranked as the best four-star hospitality group in the city.



 An outer facade of Pride Plaza Hotel

 The property stands tall in having an outdoor swimming pool, banquet, spa and a bar called Fuel Restrobar.  



                                        Fuel Restrobar




                                      Swimming pool

The all-day fine-dining outlet of the hotel is Cafe Treat, the 84-seater restaurant spread over 1,500 sq. ft and serves a blend of Italian, Chinese and Indian cuisine. With Christmas carols wafting in the ambience and Santa Claus making a round of the guests, it was party time at Cafe Treat. The menu served included delectable vegetarian dishes like the Hyderabadi delight called Tamancha Pulao, Narangi Kofta, Tandoori subz chilman and Italian favourites like mushroom rissoles and auberigine pepper mousakka. There was a live counter serving roasted Turkey Duck that was a special Christmas delight.




                                       Cafe Treat

Some of the signature creations of the outlet include Abu chilly kebab and green chilly chicken. After having my fill with the main course, I moved on to the dessert section and I was spellbound by the desserts on offer. There were eight dessert items and I took in small portions of Christmas pudding, Yule Log, Croquembouche and Tiramisu. I did not forget to savour the traditional Bengali speciality- Chitrakoot. Before winding off my meal, I was served Angoori Lychee that was divine to taste.   


                                                Croquembouche 


                                        Yule Log

 
                                       Assorted pastries on offer
 


No comments:

Post a Comment