travelmemoirsofswaati text

I am an intrepid traveller. Travelling has been my passion since school days. Hailing from the steel city of Rourkela in Odisha, I always had an opportunity to plan out my holidays with my family to exotic destinations that are rich in history and heritage in India. Looking back, I have also taken up trekking in Chauragarh hills of Pachmarhi, Shatrunjaya Hills of Palitana, Vaishno Devi or the Muktinath temple in Mustang Valley in Nepal and Lalang Waterfall in rainforests of Tioman Island in Malaysia. I have penned down the Odisha destinations in Pick2Move-India Travel planner brought out by Sampan Media Limited, New Delhi. I have compiled a travelogue themed- “Journeys across India” published by Best Books, Kolkata. I generally take up travel to pen down travelogues, know the art and craft of the faraway lands and of course, I do travel reporting for leading English dailies of India.

ads by adsfor247

ads by adsfor247

Saturday 23 December 2017

Beawar



Remembering Beawar

It was during one cold winter evening dated December 15, 2017 that I reached Jaipur Airport and had to go to Beawar in the district of Ajmer. I was travelling in a group to attend the Shree Cement the Sacred Pushkar 2017 held at Pushkar every year. We took the cab ride from Jaipur Airport to reach Beawar that passed through National Highway No.8 connecting New Delhi with Mumbai.

It was a 182 km fascinating drive when we stopped at Neelam garden and Restaurant at Ramgarh to have our evening snacks. Sipping hot ginger tea with paneer pakodas made us feel warm and we moved on further to reach our destination.

  

                                     A view of Neelam Garden and Restaurant

We passed through the tiny hamlets like Gopalsagar and Ranisagar and finally, it was after 3 ½ hours road journey that we reached the Shree Cement township at Masuda, lying around 10 km from Beawar. We stayed at Shree Cement Limited’s guest house called Satkar that has a sprawling garden.




                                    Satkar Guest House at Masuda
 
At night, we had a sumptuous Rajasthani dinner. The next day morning, it was bitingly cold and I woke up before day break to head to the nearby Hanuman temple where the aarti was performed. One can come across peacock in the temple complex in the early morning hours. The tranquil ambience of Beawar is soothing for the tired nerves.


Hanuman temple at Shree Cement Limited Colony





                                        Lord Hanuman inside the temple




 Tales from Hanuman's life illustrated in temple complex

 After having done with my prayers, I returned to the guest house to have breakfast comprising Rajasthani mogra kachori. We savoured Rajasthani lunch comprising gatta ki curry and dum aloo


No comments:

Post a Comment